Thursday, February 24, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Fifteen

Down another 2.8 lbs from last Thursday! (On my home scale, that is.) That makes 8.8 pounds total since beginning the detox.

I'm actually looking forward to my weigh-in on Saturday! That's a nice change. :)

I started my day with some hot water and lemon.


For breakfast, I tried something new (well, something I've only tried once before): quinoa flakes!

I used soy milk instead of water. (You cook them just like oatmeal.) I didn't love them, so I added some almond butter and honey... still didn't love it. Oh well!

Then I headed out because I needed a blood test... ugh. It wasn't that bad though, and I'm glad it's over with!

I tried something new for lunch, too. I cooked sole for the first time ever! I very rarely cook fish, and when I do it's usually salmon.


I baked the sole in foil with some Bragg's (gluten-free, preservative-free soy sauce replacement) and sesame oil sprinkled on. I also stir fried some veggies with garlic, ginger, Bragg's, sesame oil, and sesame seeds and had some leftover baked brown rice. Pretty solid lunch!

Tried a new detox snack: honey on a plain rice cake (with pomegranate green tea). Not bad!


Later, I had some sesame rice crackers with hummus.

I liked these rice crackers a little too much. I went a bit over board... to the tune of 9 Points Plus values... and then some! Yikes.

In continuing with the carbs/rice theme, I made some brown rice penne for dinner. In an attempt to be somewhat balanced, I also heated some leftover chicken from the whole roast chicken I bought from the Big Carrot the other day, and I steamed some frozen veggies.

Delicious!

I'm going to do some reading (The Hunger Games), and probably get to bed early. Night all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished The Hunger Games, awesome.

-Martina

skinny me! said...

omg...SO great!!!! I don't wanna say I told ya so...buuuut....I told ya so!!!! lol....see what I mean now? :) It is SOOO awesome...hard, but awesome.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing.

Katie said...

Martina - I just finished it too!! I loved it. Couldn't put it down.

Kerry - Haha, you WERE right! I'm loving the results!!! :)

Chezjulie - THANK YOU! :D You're amazing too!

Anonymous said...

It made me want to read the next two! I read a small portion of the Wikipedia article for the second book and I regretted it, lol. I should have let it be a surprise!