Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Fourteen

Two weeks down!!

And I am exhausted.

Breakfast was my standard fare - scrambled egg whites with onions and spinach and yeast-free spelt bread with non-dairy margarine.


Detox or no detox, egg whites are a pretty typical breakfast for me. Except I usually don't have them with veggies, I have them with cheese. Hopefully the spinach & onions will stick, post-Joshi!

Today was a great day: I debuted my new haircut at work, I was wearing an outfit that made me feel very put-together, and my make-up looked unusually good for some unknown reason (I'm not exactly a pro with that sort of thing). Plus, you know, I've got this detox glow about me. ;)

I tried to take a picture this morning of how awesome I looked to show you all (um, vain much?) but I was running late.

At work, I got quite a few compliments! One man whom I nod to when I see him in the office, but whose name I don't actually know, simply said "You look... hi!" which I thought was pretty funny. And some of my students mentioned my haircut too, which was really sweet. There's nothing like a new hairdo (and I was long overdue) to boost the old confidence.

But it couldn't have just been the hair - as Joshi says to those completing the maintenance program,
"You may even be tiring of your friends telling you how fabulous you look and how slim and sexy you are!"
I laughed when I read that, because of its utter ridiculousness... but who knows, in a few weeks, I might be at that point...

Anyway, lunch was prepped last night, as usual.


Leftover chickpea curry, carrot sticks, Mary's Crackers, hummus, yogurt with a banana, and sunflower seeds that I never ended up eating.

As soon as I got home, I put together a giant salad. Spinach, some shredded cabbage, leftover roast chicken from The Big Carrot, avocado, and ... goat cheese.


I was worried about putting the avocado and the goat cheese together, but you only live once, right? Turned out well, I think!

I ate the salad quickly because I had to run out... to the gym! I made it to Body Combat tonight! I haven't been in AGES, and it's one of my favourite classes. Lots of kicking and punching. The only problem is, it's a very popular class, so you have to be careful not to kick and punch all the people in your immediate vicinity. (Even the ones who side shuffle in the wrong direction and get all up in your personal roundhouse-kicking space.)

I devoured this as soon as I was home and showered:


Am I abusing the detox by having so much almond butter and honey?? If that's wrong, then I don't wanna be right. I also had some pomegranate green tea. Remember those days (um, two weeks ago) when I was a coffee addict?

My stomach was like a bottomless pit after Body Combat, so there may have been massive amounts of rice puffs and soymilk that were eaten before they could be captured on film. Oops.

I am beyond tired. Good news is, I get to sleep in tomorrow! (You can be jealous.)

Good night, all!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Katie, these fabulous posts are making me want to try this Joshi thing out....goodness gracious! Oh and, your new haircut looks gorgeous! :o)

Anonymous said...

You make detoxing look fun and delicious;). And yes, I AM jealous of your sleeping in;).

-Martina

Anonymous said...

Aw, I wish we had a picture of your fabulousness. I would like to see that detox glow!