Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weigh-In

So, as I expected, I was up this week... up 4.2! Yikes! I guess that's what happens when you go over your points every single day... But I have a good feeling about this week. And, really, it's all IN MY CONTROL anyway. I can choose to eat well, or not. And I will choose to eat well :)

Kate was at my meeting today, and we walked home together! It was great. She also introduced me to this great bulk store near our meeting that carries big 1-point tortillas. It's so handy knowing fellow Weight Watchers!

I had a great start to my Weight Watchers week: I did the Booty Camp dvd and I went to the movies (Shutter Island) and brought my OWN snacks, which I didn't even eat most of (there are some doubles because I brought some to share):


(I found those All-Bran Bites at the dollar store today! The entire box was a dollar!! They had tons of granola bars and such, but I restrained myself and just got these to try. And, sadly, I didn't like them all that much). Popcorn is maybe my favourite thing ever, so I'm really proud that I didn't even bat an eye at the concession tonight.

I also tried cooking dried chickpeas today for the first time, in my slow cooker. It worked really well, and I made an quick chickpea curry dish for dinner (I basically just stir-fried olive oil, onions, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, curry paste, turmeric, curry powder, cumin, ginger, and garlic... and then ate it with some avocado).

Some other eats from the past couple of days (sorry my photos aren't as nice as many of my fellow bloggers'!):


Some plain yogurt with orange and cantaloupe chunks (in a bright 'n' cheery bowl)!

Any ideas what that is?? Quinoa flakes! I tried them today for the first time... I wasn't sure about the taste at first, but I mixed in some strawberry Crofter's and it was better. I think I just have to get used to it.

I'm off to bed! Stay tuned over the next couple of days for an Operation: Buff update...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Katie! Don't worry about the gain, sounds to me like it's all sodium. As for the quinoa flakes, where did you get them from?

Katie said...

Hey Kat! I bought the quinoa flakes awhile ago at a bulk store... I can't remember which one but it was probably The Big Carrot (near Chester subway station).

The best thing about them is they cook REALLY fast (90 seconds)! Much quicker than my beloved steel cut oats. :)

Unknown said...

It is so great to surround yourself with people who are going through the same thing you're going through, it will be so nice to meet you at the next Toronto blogger GTG :o)

Katie said...

Erin, I'm looking forward to meeting you, too! (And everyone!)