Saturday, February 19, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Nine

I didn't get a chance to post this last night... sorry!

And before we get to Friday's food, I need to mention a comment I received on this post:
Well done!! Planning ahead with meal will allow you to have food ready when you need it fast. keep some almonds and a banana in your bag all the time. if you are not suffering from bloating or need to lose weight, then have more ripened fruit in your diet as snacks. Keep the variety going so you don't get bored.
Joshi
Could it be the Joshi?! If so... wow! I am flabbergasted! I'm amazed he found my blog in the first place, let alone took the time to comment. And he said "well done"! And gave me some good advice!

If it was the real Joshi (which I'm choosing to believe... I also looked at my blog stats and I think the commenter was somewhere near London, United Kingdom, where Joshi's clinic is) - Thank you, Dr. Joshi, for your wonderful comment! The detox is having a drastic (and very good) impact on my life already. My cravings have diminished, I've lost weight, and I've been receiving comments about how my skin looks better, my teeth look whiter (I don't even know if that would be possible from one week without coffee?), and my mood is more stable.

Amidst all of that excitement yesterday, I did eat some food. For breakie, I mixed things up with 2 fried eggs on some wheat-free spelt toast with vegan margarine.


I had packed a lunch the night before, originally consisting of lentil pilaf, yogurt, carrots & hummus, Mary's Crackers, and a banana:


Then after I cooked the Chicken Tikka I decided to swap out the lentil pilaf and bring leftover chicken instead:


I mixed it into a spinach salad with avocado. Yum!


After work, I met up with a friend to go to the movies. We saw The Roommate, not really expecting it to be good (and we were right). During the movie, I snacked on my carrots & hummus, Mary's Crackers, and some roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds. It was delightful!

We went out for dinner at Moxie's, which does not have a very detox-friendly menu. I ordered the roasted beet and arugula salad, and added some grilled chicken. It was mostly delicious (especially the goat cheese that came on it), but it also reaffirmed that I'm not really a beet fan.


Of course, I forgot I wanted to take a picture until I'd already eaten some.

When I got home that evening, I was hungry again (that salad was not the most filling dinner a girl could have), so I had some honey vanilla chamomile tea alongside some toast with honey (which was crumbly but good).

Stay tuned later today for Saturday's eats & my official weigh-in results!

2 comments:

Enz said...

Very, very cool that he posted on your blog :)

I can't wait to hear your first week results!!!!! Come back soon.

Anonymous said...

That's funny that you had a "brush with fame." I'm glad to hear that the detox is going really well for you.