Friday, February 11, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Two

Good evening friends!

I'm extremely exhausted, so this may be a short post. And since I ate a lot of the same foods I ate yesterday, it may also be a boring post.

I had an early start to my day and rushed out the door at 6 am. My first stop was Tim Hortons. Not for coffee, but a large green tea! Apparently 6 am Katie has willpower of steel! :D

By the time I got to school, I was ready for another green tea. That stuff is pretty tasty! I ate the breakfast I had packed up the night before:


Bananas and yogurt! Boring but delicious. I psyched myself up to face another coffee-free day, taught a couple of classes, and then rushed home for my possible phone interview (which still hadn't been confirmed).

Somewhere in there I ate some Mary's crackers and hummus (another repeat from yesterday...)


The phone interview DID happen, after much nervous waiting on my part. I think it went alright? I was pretty sleepy by the time it rolled around (er... 3:15?), and I didn't have as much time to prepare as I would have liked, but I did the best I could!

Then I had to run some errands, so I stopped at the Big Carrot for reinforcements:


Then it was time for some dinner.


What's that peeking out from the casserole dish my mother made me? Why, it's green soup! And where have we seen that before?

Yes, yesterday.

Ditto the lumpy-looking (but yummy) lentil pilaf.

But there's also something new - some wheat free, yeast free, gluten free brown rice bread with vegan margarine! I'm undecided as to how I feel about this bread. The crust was pretty good, but the centre was kind of... not so good. I will maybe toast it more next time and see how it goes.

Now I'm curled up in bed finishing off some sleepytime tea.


Looking back, I can see I didn't eat very much today at all! I guess that's what happens when you're exhausted and on the go! (Although usually, those are my prime reasons for eating a pile of crap). I probably need more food, and I might have another snack, but I might also just fall asleep immediately after hitting "publish." We'll see!

Tomorrow, I'm meeting up with some of the lovely GTA bloggers at Spring Rolls. I will peruse the online menu beforehand to see what my options are.

That's all I have for tonight! But I will warn you to stay tuned over the weekend for the contents of this bag:


It was given to me by a teacher-friend today. Let's just say I'm excited to use what's in that big box. Any guesses?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waring. Ooooh... a blender?

Anonymous said...

Nintendo Wii? Vitamix? Also, I see that the bag says "Joseph Boyden" and if you haven't already, you should read a book of his;).

-Martina

Katie said...

Chezjulie - you are very clever! It's not a blender, but you're on the right track.

Martina - I wish it was a Wii or Vitamix!! I haven't read any books by Joseph Boyden... I will ask you to recommend one...

Anonymous said...

I have only read 'Three Day Road' but I hear all his books are good.

-Martina

Cooking Quidnunc said...

im doing this detox now and blogging about it! you have some great recipe ideas, thanks