Saturday, February 12, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Three

Three days down, 18 to go!

That's kind of depressing. Let's move on. And I'll just keep taking this one day at a time. :)

I ate a light breakfast before my Weight Watchers meeting: rice puffs with soy milk! Yummy.


At my meeting, I was down 1.6 lbs! That was over 2 weeks, since I missed last week's meeting. And I'm still up overall... but it was nice to be down! And I anticipate being down again next week if I keep this up.

During the meeting, I ate some yogurt with a banana. I forgot to take a picture, but it looks exactly like the yogurt with a banana I ate yesterday. And exactly like the yogurt and banana I plan to eat tomorrow.

Then, it was off to Spring Rolls with some of my fellow GTA bloggers! I really didn't know how I would do eating out, but somehow I managed to order something that sticks pretty closely to the detox rules: grilled salmon with brown rice and no sauce. Delicious!


Unfortunately, I started picking at it before I remembered to take a picture, so it doesn't look as nice as it did originally. My apologies!

I find it next to impossible to order healthy food when I'm at a restaurant. It's like I think every time I eat out is my last opportunity to eat french fries. It felt really good to order something healthy and yummy, and not feel overly stuffed or guilty afterwards.

When I got home, I snacked on some delicious carrot sticks with some storebought hummus. It was delish!


For dinner, I attempted to make some creamy avocado salad dressing. I followed a recipe that called for cumin and cayenne, which was fine, but it turned out way too spicy for me. I added some plain yogurt to try and balance it out, which helped a little.

I had the dressing on a spinach salad with 2 eggs, fried in olive oil, on brown rice toast with vegan becel.


I realized today that I've really been slacking on the required morning hot-water-with-lemon. Maybe I'll try to squeeze one in at some point tomorrow... I have been drinking a lot of tea though! Today I had a green tea and a vanilla rooibos tea.

I'm off to watch a movie (Scott Pilgrim). Toodles!

P.S. I didn't have time to open the box from yesterday yet, but Chezjulie's guess was very close...

No comments: