Sunday, February 20, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Eleven

Wow, 11 days in! More than halfway. :)

I want to thank everyone for all the really supportive comments I've gotten. They're really motivating me to see this through to the end of the 21 days. It definitely helps to know that someone is actually reading about it...

Breakfast was scrambled egg whites with onions and spinach... along with some leftover roasted root veggies (not including potatoes, a deadly nightshade) from the Big Carrot. (I was trying to recreate a greasy diner-style breakfast of eggs and homefries. Didn't quite hit the mark.)


Hot water with lemon also made an appearance.

Then, I went to Zumba class with my Mom! It was super fun, as usual. I realized, however, that I haven't worked out since Zumba last Sunday... must improve gym attendance this week.

I hereby vow to go to spinning class (for the first time in AGES) tomorrow morning. I trust you will hold me accountable.

Post-gym snack of rice puffs with soy milk:


I decided today was the day to make some gluten-free, sugar-free granola, using detox-friendly ingredients only. I kind of made up my own recipe that included quinoa flakes, coconut, puffed millet, almond butter, and honey.

I was so excited.

Unfortunately, I burned it slightly. I was going to post the recipe and everything, except it didn't really turn out. Maybe in a few days I'll try again!

I still ate some of the granola (it's only a bit burnt...), mixed into my plain yogurt and banana. Yum!


Before I even got a chance to think about lunch, it was time for dinner (that often happens to me on Sundays...)

Oh. Em. Gee.


I made sweet potato fries (using pre-cut sweet potatoes...) along with chicken thighs stuffed with goat cheese and spinach. I am a happy girl right now. And what makes me even happier is that there are leftovers in my fridge for tomorrow.

Not going to lie though, I made two (very large) portions of sweet potato fries, but I kept picking at them, so tomorrow's portion is much smaller than today's was.

Tonight, I have some schoolwork I want to do, and there may be some kind of midnight snack in store... I have most of the roasted harvest vegetable salad from the Big Carrot burning a hole in my fridge, so I just might have to finish it off. After all, it could go bad, right?!

Everyone who has a holiday tomorrow - enjoy! I know I will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it works both ways. You've inspired me to work on my sugar cravings. I've decided to start having more savory breakfasts so that I don't start the day by priming the sugar pump. Today was egg/egg whites cooked in olive oil, with a whole wheat cinnamon raisin English muffin. Really good!

Ha, ha. The word verification is "platedog."

Enz said...

I am so inspired by your "stick to it-ness".
You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Your supper looks scrumptious Katie; nice work! Can't wait to see what you had today!

~ Krystal

P.S. So jealous about zumba - must find classes a drivable distance from me!

Katie said...

Chezjulie - whole wheat cinnamon raison English muffin?! That sounds amazing!

I'm all about eggs for breakfast - even when I'm not detoxing.