Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Seven

I can hardly believe it. One week down! In the end, it went by much quicker than I thought it would.

I feel really good. Despite not getting many hours of sleep last night, I had lots of energy this morning. I turned down an offer from someone to grab me a coffee AND I turned down free sandwiches that were sitting in our communal kitchen at work. Go me!

Just a short time ago, my thoughts were consumed with when or what I would eat next, trying to talk myself out of eating junk food, wondering how much I could "cheat" and get away with, etc, etc. It's funny: even though I am eating a fairly strict diet during the detox, I'm thinking about food MUCH less. Since I can really only eat foods I've already planned, most of the thinking and decision-making are out of the picture.

While my cravings have definitely decreased, not everyone is having the same success. I may or may not have just received a text from my boyfriend stating "I want choco more than world peace." If he manages to resist, I'll be impressed!

This morning, I had a delicious breakfast consisting of scrambled egg whites with onions and spinach on yeast-free spelt bread with vegan margarine, and a hot water with lemon.


I had packed my lunch up last night, like some kind of very organized grown-up type person:


Leftover fried rice, plain yogurt, sunflower seeds that I didn't end up eating, carrots & hummus, Mary's Crackers, and a banana. I also brought my portable coffee tea mug and some ginger peach green tea.

I thought my post-school pre-dinner snack was a good opportunity to get some veggies in.


The last of the green soup!

For dinner, all I wanted was some (wheat- and yeast-free) toast with almond butter and honey.


So that's what I had. Mmmmmmm.

Now, as some of you may be aware, the detox recommends making a liver flush drink consisting of ginger, olive oil, grapefruit juice, lemon, and garlic once a week. Since this is the end of week 1, I suppose I should have had that today. But I didn't get my act together and I didn't have the time/ingredients required today! Maybe tomorrow?

I think I may go watch Dexter in bed and get to sleep early. Ciao!

2 comments:

Joshi said...

Well done!! Planning ahead with meal will allow you to have food ready when you need it fast. keep some almonds and a banana in your bag all the time. if you are not suffering from bloating or need to lose weight, then have more ripened fruit in your diet as snacks. Keep the variety going so you don't get bored.
Joshi

Katie said...

Joshi, thank you so much for your comment! I feel honoured that you found my little blog! :)

I am feeling incredible since I've been following your detox. In just one week, it's already made a huge impact on my life. Thank you!