Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Detox Prep

I had a bit of a headache this afternoon. I think my body was anticipating tomorrow's lack of coffee.

I did some grocery shopping on my way home from work to prepare for the detox. I started off at my fave bulk store, Better Bulk (at Danforth & Woodbine). I picked up some wild and brown rice, Mary's Organic Crackers, chicken broth, slivered almonds (stay tuned for their appearance in tomorrow's lentil pilaf!) and cardamom.

Not pictured: the chocolate-covered coffee
beans I am snacking on while I write this post.


Then I went to the normal grocery store to get a few more things.


Look how happy my fruit bowl is!


I'm actually really excited to get this show on the road! But I can't help but wonder how excited I'll be when my morning coffee is replaced by my morning warm-water-with-lemon.

Tomorrow: Day one of the detox, including an attempt to measure the acidity of my saliva (using pH test trips). I can hardly wait, can you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your groceries look beautiful!

But I am really looking forward to the picture of your saliva test trip.

Enz said...

I did this detox about 5 years ago and the first three days were the hardest, after that I felt amazing. And I lost 14lbs in 3 weeks.

You're still coming on Saturday though, right?