Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Thirteen

Maybe I should call it Day 14 instead, in case I have any superstitious readers... or, you know, so I can finish that much sooner. ;)

Almost two-thirds of the way through! One thing that would really help me with this detox is some kind of maidservant. I feel like all of my free time is spent chopping, cooking, packing lunches, and washing dishes. All in the name of health, I suppose!


Breakfast was yummy. Plain yogurt with a banana and honey, and a big mug of blueberry green tea.

Pre-lunch snack:


For lunch, I had leftover chickpea curry. Yum! (Warning: this will probably be tomorrow's lunch as well...)


It seems that I've developed a dangerous habit. Whenever I am passing Chester station on the subway (which is fairly frequently), I feel a need to stop in at the Big Carrot. Today was no exception.


I picked up a roasted chicken, which I will rationalize as being an easy, convenient way to add protein to a meal - I'm thinking lots of salad possibilities here! And yes, on top of the yogurt there is something from the deli... I just couldn't help myself. I also grabbed quinoa flakes to try and attempt granola again in the next few days.

Dinner:


Lemony brown rice penne & some chicken from the Big Carrot, and a spinach salad with avocado and sunflower seeds.

Even though I'm following this detox, I still don't think I'm eating enough veggies. I had a bunch of carrot sticks cut up and ready to eat today, but I never got around to it. Maybe tonight... along with something else...


Can you guess what my nighttime snack is going to be?

I have an early day tomorrow, so I'll keep this short and sweet! Night all!

No comments: