Sunday, February 13, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Four

After my post last night, I got hungry again. So I ate what I had pre-arranged for today's breakfast - plain yogurt with a banana and sunflower seeds.


Yes, I cheated on the detox...

Two bananas in the same day! (What, did you think those Swedish Berries were mine?)

I started today not with a hot water and lemon (maybe tomorrow I'll get back to that?), but with an egg white omelette with onions and spinach. I paired it with brown rice toast with vegan margarine.


Joshi says not to eat eggs more than 3 or 4 times a week, but he also says that the yolks are acidic and the whites are alkaline. So I've decided to try and limit my whole egg consumption, but not worry about whites.

I wolfed down breakfast and rushed off with my Mom to Zumba class! It was great. If I didn't have a buddy, I definitely wouldn't have forced myself out the door to the gym today.

After the workout, I had a quick snack of rice puffs and soy milk.


I didn't really have a proper lunch today. My breakfast was around 11 am, and I just kind of ate here and there all afternoon (as you'll see).

I made my mom some brown rice toast, but she wasn't a fan (I don't blame her). I was happy to take it off her hands.

Soon after, I decided I should get some more veggies in mah belly. Green soup!



I may or may not have had a few Mary's Crackers to go with it.

Around 4 pm, I decided it was time to get my lecture notes ready for my class at 8:30 am tomorrow. I sipped on some honey vanilla chamomile tea while I worked.


For dinner, I wanted something new. Something... fried rice-esque.


It consisted of sesame oil, ginger, garlic, onion, broccoli, spinach, kale, chicken, rice, and a scrambled egg. It turned out a little bland, but pretty good overall. While I cooked dinner, I also did laundry, prepped my lunch for tomorrow, and did a mountain of dishes. It's nice to feel productive!

Now I'm planning to have a hot bath and then paint my nails. I've got carrot sticks, hummus, and walnuts waiting to be my bedtime snack.

I might not get a chance to post tomorrow - so expect two days' worth on Tuesday!

I hope you all have a good Valentine's Day tomorrow! Ta!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Hon,

I am enjoying your Blog, as always!

It's true, I couldn't eat the Rice Bread you so generously gave me for lunch yesterday. However, to try to make up for that, and to provide a little support in your detox venture, I am publically giving up potato chips and french fries for the duration. I have found a resurgance in my cravings for these lately as well, so maybe this will help to stifle that.

Thanks again for the fun-filled Zumba class.

And - HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

love, Mom xoo

Katie said...

Thanks, Mom!