I started Booty Camp again on Tuesday. My friend and I went in feeling cocky: "It's only the first class, it won't be that hard." "I hope it's not too easy." We were expecting something along the lines of the first class back in January, and after being through 8 weeks of Booty Camp (and then one month off), we thought we would be fine.
Well, my friends, it was NOT too easy. It was brutal! I was beyond sweaty by the end of it. My butt and thighs are still super sore, two days later.
Our instructor reminded us that to see the results we want, we need to do the DVD once a week, as well. I started thinking about this. During my last session of Booty Camp, I did the DVD a few times, but not regularly. I usually did work out at least one extra time each week (besides Booty Camp), but not as much as I could have. So, I challenged my friend to do the third DVD workout each week with me (but not physically... our schedules don't sync up THAT well).
I want to kick it up a notch! I really need to push myself out of my comfort/lazy zone. Here is my plan:
- 2 Booty Camp sessions per week (Tuesday & Thursday)
- 1 at-home strength workout (Booty Camp DVD or 30-Day Shred), at least 40 minutes per week (Saturday or Sunday)
- 1 cardio workout, at least 30 minutes per week
- green monster OR a big salad every day (if I get my greens in, much of my diet seems to fall into place...)
I finish this session of Booty Camp in four weeks, on April 29. I may continue for the second four weeks (I would like to), but I'm not sure yet if my schedule will permit it. So I will say, for now, that this challenge ends on Sunday, May 2. I will call it...
My rewards for completing this challenge:
- probably a magazine subscription (I've never had one but always wanted one)
- ultimate buffness
If you want to come up with your own Operation: Buff and join me, feel free!