Monday, February 8, 2010

Making Meals Ahead!

I unexpectedly had last night free, so I used that time to get groceries and make some meals (and snacks!) to feed me for a little while. I like to freeze individual portions of things so I can have healthy frozen meals without all the salt & chemicals like the ones in the store (which I also eat on occasion!). I always bring a lunch to work with me, and this makes it much easier.

The only problem is that my freezer is very small, and doesn't always freeze things properly... which isn't good. I have to tell my landlord to get me a new fridge one of these days...

I started out by preparing some meatloaf! I made a few changes to that recipe: I just used pork and beef, not veal, and I improvised a bit on the breadcrumbs. I used some bread and a pita to make some of them, and filled in the rest with a container of store-bought breadcrumbs.

After I prepared the meatloaf, I made some pizza! The toppings were olive oil, fresh parsley, red onion, and potato! I felt very fancy:

While the meatloaf was in the oven, I ate 1/4 of the pizza, and finally made the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins that I had wanted to make on Thursday. They turned out really well. I stuck to the recipe pretty closely, except I used canola oil instead of vegetable oil, and fat-free plain yogurt instead of low-fat. (The batter was delicious, too!)

Before going in the oven:


And after:

Today I'm planning on making some beans and rice in my slow cooker... I won't have to cook again for awhile!

I also had a very on-plan day yesterday! The past couple of days, I just haven't had my typical insane desire for food! (This is a good AND UNUSUAL thing!) Yesterday I ate whenever I was hungry, and (maybe because I was so busy cooking), I only ate my daily points. I also worked out: I did the 30 Day Shred Level 3!

This was my first time trying Level 3... and I did not find it as difficult as I was expecting!! There was one move that I really struggled with & could just barely do the modified version. (It was being in a plank position with your hands still holding dumbbells, then you would lift one arm in a row, then lift a leg, and alternate. I could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME get a hand off the ground while in the plank.) But the rest of it was pretty not-horrible!

Tonight I have Pilates class. Here's to another great day!

No comments: