Saturday, February 20, 2010

Eating Real Food & Weigh-In

Bitch Cakes has a great post today on how she completely cut out processed foods.

This is one thing that I have made big changes in over the past few years. I haven't eliminated processed foods completely, but if I think back to things I used to consider "dinner" (like a Lipton's Sidekicks), I'm really proud of my diet (i.e. the way I eat) today. I definitely try to eat real food more than fakey, full-of-sodium-and-chemicals, processed foods.

One of my New Years Resolutions was to eliminate the artificial sweetener in my coffee. I think it's time for an update on how that's going! I used to get three sweeteners and one milk in my large coffee from Tim Hortons... I'm VERY PROUD to announce that I'm down to one sweetener!!! That's one-third of what it was just two months ago.

Surprisingly, cutting back on the sweetener was not difficult. I really don't need as much sweetener as I thought I did to enjoy the taste! I know that I'll be down to ZERO sweeteners very soon.

In other news, I had a weigh-in today: up 1 pound. To be honest, I was relieved. I've really been struggling with my eating lately. This week, I was able to somewhat reign it in and only gain 1 pound (as opposed to several pounds, as has happened in the past). Last night, for example, I was very tired and, consequently, wanted to eat everything in my house.

I ended up making a pizza for dinner, and ate the whole thing (it wasn't a huge pizza, but half certainly would have sufficed). I knew that I was going to spend my entire evening just snacking, so I went to bed before 8 pm. What my body really needed was sleep (not multiple spoonfuls of peanut butter). I really think going to bed is what saved me, and what prevented me from being up even more this week.

No comments: