Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tofu Tomato Sauce

I had an amazing meal yesterday. In an effort to stop wasting food, I decided to round up all the veggies at the bottom of my fridge before they rotted. I had plans for a mediocre stir-fry (seriously, that was the best I could come up with. Not even a GOOD stir-fry).

I chopped up zucchini and red pepper and started frying them in a bit of olive oil.


Then I had a brilliant idea: tomato sauce! I added some garlic and onion. Thankfully, I remembered the tofu in my fridge! In it went:


I threw in the last of an old jar of tomato sauce, and some salsa for good measure.


The only problem was I didn't have any pasta I particularly wanted to eat. I have some old "rustic" rotini that tastes funny, and some tortellini that I wasn't in the mood for. I also had, however, two boxes of lasagna noodles (one of which is whole wheat)...

That is, sadly, the biggest pot I have.
I cut the lasagna up into smaller pieces after it was cooked. (I took no pictures of it mixed with the sauce, however...)
I just ate leftovers for dinner tonight. Delicious! I also finished the GIANT box of spinach I bought awhile ago, thanks to my daily green monster smoothies.

***

In other news, I may have a ghost! Last night, I was sitting at home when I heard my doorbell ring. I peeked out my window (safety first!) and there was nobody there. I opened the inside door to my apartment to see if it was my upstairs neighbour, and while I was doing so, my doorbell rang AGAIN.

I peeked out the window again... still nobody there!!!!

A few minutes later, I listened at the door and heard a child coughing, so I bravely opened my front door in case it had been a child that I couldn't see out the window ringing my bell (the last time I got scared from my doorbell ringing, it was a little old woman). My porch was deserted (the child was at the house next door).

Spooky!!! So now I'm worried that I'm insane and my doorbell didn't ring at all.


No comments: