Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fast Metabolism Diet - Day 3

Today was my first day of Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet - the high protein phase! For breakfast, I had scrambled egg whites and vegetables:


After breakfast, I headed to the gym to meet with my personal trainer! We started outside using an agility ladder. I had to run through it in various ways... hopefully I didn't get too many stares from passersby! Then I had to do about a billion leg lifts (among other things), which basically killed me. I was still a sweaty mess when I got home (my apologies to everyone else on the bus with me!):


I had a late work day today, which meant I was bringing all my meals to work.


Today, I had two hardboiled egg whites, lots of cut up veggies to snack on, a salad with chicken breast to put on top, some steamed fish with asparagus and spinach, and some deli meat for a snack (either chicken or turkey... I bought both and portioned them out earlier this week). Luckily, one of my lunch bags is big enough to accommodate so much food (I believe it's actually meant for several people going on a picnic or something... it's called a Social Cooler... I didn't realize this when I bought it. I just thought it was the perfect size for me.):


The neat thing about this bag is that you store it in the freezer, and the gel in the lining keeps your food cold for a long time. While I was grabbing it from the freezer, I couldn't help but feel some joy at seeing all the meals I have ready to go:


Today wasn't as hard as I expected. I didn't get too hungry and, for the most part, I enjoyed my food. The worst part was the salad: my fridge has been freezing things on me, so the greens were all gross from being almost-frozen and thawed.

Tomorrow night I'm going to my mom's house for the weekend. I will be bringing lots of food with me! But first, I have another personal training session at 6:45 am tomorrow... I'd better get to bed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a healthy glow! I'm really impressed by your exercising with the trainer and eating extremely healthy fare. I know that it is a lot of work to prepare all that food in advance.

Nikki said...

Love that cooler! Stylish plus practical. I have an ugly one that my mother got me from Avon (I think) more than a few years ago that needs replacing.

Katie said...

Thank you, chezjulie! I've been pretty impressed with myself, too. ;)

Nikki - thank you! I really love my cooler, too.