Friday, July 6, 2012

Eat to Live Days 9-12

Hey bloggies! Did you miss me?

I don't know why, but this week flew by and I didn't manage to squeeze in any blog posts! But you'll be happy to know I'm still sticking to the Eat to Live plan. :)

On Wednesday and Thursday, my willpower was fading. I felt hungry and sick of salads. I didn't have time to prepare any delicious meals, and I started wondering if I could sustain this for much longer.

I came home from work on Thursday to the smell of some delicious vegetarian, oil-free chili. It turns out my mother knew just what I needed (don't they always?) - a hearty meal! I had the brilliant idea to eat my chili over a baked potato (with broccoli on the side).


SO delicious and satisfying. My willpower was back!

While my mom was cooking the chili, she ALSO prepared some "No-Meat Balls" from the Eat to Live book. I had some for dinner tonight with cauliflower and brown rice.


I REALLY enjoyed this meal. The brown rice turned out perfectly (I followed these directions), and the No-Meat Balls (which I think consisted of some brown rice, lentils, and lots of herbs and spices) were really tasty.

Today was an awesome day, not only because of the No-Meat Balls, but because I got to hang out with this lovely lady. Andrea biked over to my condo to lounge by the pool and get pedicures. Does it get any better than that??

I'm on the left!
Can you believe this was my very first pedicure? I could get used to this!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for treating yourself to a pedicure. You deserve it!
-Martina

Katie said...

Thanks, Martina! I agree.