Monday, July 30, 2012

Eat to Live Day 36

Hello all! I am very sleepy so I'll keep it snappy.

I woke up extremely early this morning so I could get to my interview (which was in Waterloo). Before leaving, I made sure to weigh in. And the results are...

Starting Weight: 262.7 pounds
Week 4 Weight: 245.1 pounds
Current Weight: 243 pounds

I'm down 2.1 this week! I'll take it. And over 5 weeks, I've lost a total of 19.7 pounds. Will I reach 20 pounds lost by the end of Week 6?! We shall see.

I had some toast with leftover spinach and artichoke dip before my mom and I left around 6:15 am. I prepared lots of food last night to take with me (after my interview in Waterloo, I had to go straight to Scarborough to teach at my current job). I made a huge green smoothie to drink on the way to the interview, a sandwich for lunch, and baby carrots and a cut up orange for snacks.

While we were driving merrily along the highway, I realized I'd left all of my food at home. Oh dear.

Luckily, because I'm me, I was over an hour early for my interview (have I mentioned on the blog before that I'm compulsively early for everything? Sometimes it can be a bit extreme). My mom and I stopped at Williams to kill some time.


I was able to get hot water with lemon and a banana. :)

The interview was okay. I was surprised by how nervous I was, though. I paused in the middle of my first answer to take a drink of water, and my hands were literally trembling! As the interview progressed, though, I got more confident. I will keep you guys posted - apparently I should find out by the end of the week if I get the job.

After the interview, we stopped at a grocery store for more provisions:

I'll have you know, I did not eat all of those walnuts in one sitting.
Then it was on to Scarborough! Time was on our side again, and we were able to stop at a food court for lunch before I went to work. It was a big food court and I was very disappointed by the lack of options for an oil-free vegan dish. I asked at a few different places if their vegetable dishes were prepared with oil - they all were. It was another plain salad for me. Le sigh.

They didn't even have beans to throw on there!
Later, I snacked on a Larabar at work. Yum.


All in all, I was proud that I was able to stay on plan, despite forgetting my lunch at home.

Night!

4 comments:

Andy said...

I'm sure you did great at the interview!! Though I didn't realize the job was in Guelph!! Boooo. ;)

I cant believe you're so close to being done the 6 weeks! Amazing. And you've obviously proved you can stick to this, despite all kinds of challenges. I'm SURE you will hit your 20 lbs next week -- what an awesome way to end the challenge. :)

ChezJulie said...

I can't believe you left all your food at home. Even the green smoothie? Oh, the humanity!

Good luck on the job interview. I don't really care if people are nervous in the interview as long as they seem like they would be good employees. :-)

Enz said...

Good luck for the job!

Erin said...

Good luck, Katie.

Congratulations on the loss, you're going to be done your challenge in no time and I know you will have lost 20+ lbs in the end.

:)