Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Joshi's Holistic Detox: Day Twenty

Omg. Is it really day twenty? Will I be done in only one more day?

I can hardly believe it! Honestly, the three weeks have gone by much more quickly than I anticipated. That being said, Thursday can't come soon enough. ;)

I realized yesterday that I ate 12 Points Plus worth of bread... yikes! So I decided to avoid it today. Breakfast was my usual egg whites, onions, spinach, and goat cheese scramble with some tea (but no toast).


Lunch was lentil dal and roasted carrots courtesy of The Big Carrot, with avocado, mixed greens, and Mary's Crackers. Yum!


Afternoon snack: rice puffs with soy milk!


Then it was time to think about dinner. I was so pleased with how the baked rice turned out last week, I made another batch to have with dinner. I foresee making a big batch every week or so in the future. :)

While it was baking away, I had some plain yogurt with a banana. Nothing new and exciting here.


I needed some protein with my brown rice for dinner, so I took out this Sesame Ginger tofu I picked up last week.


I stir-fried it with some veggies... mixed carrots, peas, and corn because that's all I had on hand. I mixed it with the brown rice (which turned out great!).


Not too shabby!

While at the Carrot earlier today, I found these "Natural Bars." The only ingredients in the almond flavour are almonds, honey, orange blossom water, and lemon juice. Could it be - a detox-friendly bar?!


Sorry for the blurry picture! I'm eating the bar as I write this. It's a nice treat! Too bad I didn't discover them until the end of the detox.

Stay tuned for the very last day of my detox... tomorrow! Have a great evening, all.

2 comments:

Enz said...

Can't wait for today's post!!!! So excited and happy for you.

Katie said...

Thank you so much, Enz!!