Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ottawa Recap

Hello all!

I'm a bit late with this update - but better late than never, right? I was in Ottawa all last weekend, and since I came back I've been swamped with work/errands/life/etc.

How did I do, food-wise, in Ottawa? Hmm....


We went to a restaurant called The Elgin Street Diner, which had amazing poutine. Four of us split this one (which came with bacon and onion on top). At least I didn't eat the entire thing myself...


Of course, I also ate a beaver tail while in our nation's capital! I really had no other option. ;)

The weekend also involved several beers and a great vegetarian/vegan restaurant. And, of course, lots of fun with my old university roommates. :)

In my last post, I vowed to track all weekend while in Ottawa... which didn't quite happen. I did, however, manage to at least write down what I ate (up until Sunday night), without counting it... so that's better than nothing! And for some reason, Monday & Tuesday kind of fell by the wayside... and I tracked most, but not all, of Wednesday...

In other words, I'm still trying, but obviously not hard enough. This week's weigh-in will NOT be pretty, I can already tell you that! But I'll do my best to get through the rest of this week with minimal further damage, and start fresh on Saturday, as usual...

That's all for today - I have piles and piles of tests to finish marking now. Le sigh. Stay tuned on Saturday for my (probably disappointing) weigh-in results...

2 comments:

Enz said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Enz said...

Hey..where did you go? Hope you're doing well and you'll be blogging again soon.