Sunday, August 29, 2010

Long Walk & Weigh-In

On Thursday, I had big plans for a bike ride.

I rarely go for bike rides, so I was pretty excited about it.


I packed up some healthy bike snacks and I was ready to go!


Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. My back tire was flat and I have a feeling it has a puncture. I moped a little about the turn of events, but then decided to walk through Taylor Creek Park instead.


Luckily, the beautiful weather cheered me up after my bike let-down.

I stopped for a picnic and to read a bit. I picked up a sub on the way for a treat!

I had a delicious peach for dessert.


On my way home, I stopped at one of my favourite bulk food stores, Better Bulk, as well as the East Lynn Farmers Market. I picked up lots of goodies, including almonds, dates, kale, raspberries, bagels, and edamame!



All my walking must have paid off, because I was FINALLY down for my weigh-in on Saturday morning. I was down 2 pounds exactly, to 200.2 pounds. Here's hoping it's the last time I'm in the 200's EVER. :)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

Blubeari said...

Sounds like a really pleasant and healthy day. Good luck and breaking through the 200s!!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Good for you, that's a great loss!
Food looks yummy :)

Diana said...

Sounds like you turned lemons into lemonade. It's so easy to just give up when things don't go exactly as planned. But you made a great day out of it anyway.

Anonymous said...

Haha, you're so cute Katie! What is the mysterious food inside the red container?

-Martina

Katie said...

Martina, it was plain yogurt & fruit I believe! Delicious!