Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday Challenge!

My 25th birthday is in about 8 weeks (October 18). This seems like the perfect opportunity to combine my action plan for getting back on track with some goal-setting!

I'd love to lose 25 pounds by my 25th birthday (and it would be so darn catchy), but 25 pounds in 8 weeks is a bit unrealistic, I think.

So, I am going to aim to lose 15 pounds by my birthday! 15 pounds in 8 weeks is totally doable, right? ESPECIALLY considering they are 15 pounds I have already lost before.

So how am I going to do this? I think I will take it one week at a time. My action plan for the rest of this week (until Friday) is:
  • be active every day
  • have a salad for one meal every day
  • track, track, track!
So far, so good! I've been faithfully tracking (including the, um, 5 beers, 2 shots, champagne, chips, and pizza consumed at a party on Saturday night), and I've been rocking the big salads.

Today, my friend Martina came over and we worked out at an outdoor track near my house. We were Booty Camp buddies, so we did some Booty Camp style drills that included running laps, skipping, lunges, squats, tricep dips, and more. We're also considering signing up for a 5k together!

This will be more than just big talk - I will follow through! I actually feel good enough about where I am now to declare this to all of you, rather than just fumble along hoping it happens.

Have a great week!

No comments: