Saturday, January 1, 2011

In 2011.

In 2011, I will reach my Weight Watchers goal weight and become a lifetime member.

No more messing around. I know I can do this! This is my most important resolution for 2011.

How will I do it?


Well, tracking, going to my Weight Watchers meetings, and exercising regularly are definitely part of the plan. I'm also going to choose one or two healthy habits to focus on each month.


For the month of January, I will focus on the following:
  • drinking enough water each day and tracking it
  • finding time each day to meditate, even if only for 1 minute (inspired by one of Angela's "Eleven in 2011")
These are simple things, but I think they will make a huge difference.

To help curb night-time eating out of boredom (I hope!), I plan to spend more time on activities that de-stress me and make me happy. Which brings me to my second resolution:

In 2011, I will knit a sweater.

I love knitting, and I love starting projects (including sweaters)... the problem is finishing them! I don't want to think about how many times I've started a knitting project and not followed through. I think it will be totally rad to have a sweater that I've made all by myself! I'm pretty sure I'll tackle
this one.

And my last resolution, which is hopefully not too vague:


In 2011,
I will get organized.

I love my apartment, but right now it looks like a tornado swept through it. I plan to set up some new shelving and have a place for
everything!

I also need to get my finances organized. I'd like to continue to pay down my insane student debt and help get a better handle on my pocketbook.


One thing I think will help is to go
grocery shopping only once a week. It's not an exaggeration to say I love going to the grocery store! I'll often stop in several times a week to pick a few things up. I'm very good at only buying healthy groceries, but I find myself throwing out food that's gone bad much too often.

By planning my meals (at least partially), writing out a grocery list, and shopping once a week,
I will keep my kitchen organized, save money, and help my healthy eating efforts.


So far, I think I'm off to a good start! Today, I went back to the gym after a hiatus of over two weeks, and I got a bunch of healthy groceries and cleaned out my fridge!


I'm really excited to see what I can accomplish this year.
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making Lifetime is a terrific goal, and I know you have the tenacity and good habits to achieve it. Cute sweater, too! You have to take a pic for the blog when it is finished.

Enz said...

You are off to a great start!