Sunday, January 10, 2010

Adventures with Acorn Squash

The road to squash is fraught with obstacles... like not having a proper knife to cut with:

I followed the Acorn Squash Tutorial from Kath Eats Real Food... but, as you can see, I did not get off to a good start (note how my cut is nowhere near the middle):
As I sawed around the squash, things got worse. My cuts definitely did not meet on the other side, and I had to get creative:

Then it wouldn't fit in my baking dish:

But somehow, it all turned out all right (Yes, that's butter you see melting so wonderfully! Yum!)


It was such a delicious treat! I see a lot of squash in my future (starting with the leftovers!)

I ate it while watching season 1 of Party of Five.

All in all, it was a very productive day: 2 loads of laundry, a few groceries (including that pineapple you can spy in the first picture), and a lot of cleaning/paper sorting (you can see the stacks in that last photo).

I will leave you with some lyrics from the Party of Five theme song...

Everybody wants to live, like they wanna live and
Everybody wants to love, like they wanna love and
Everybody wants to be closer to free

No comments: